Update: 10 Dec 2023
This policy also explains your privacy rights and how the law protects you including how we comply with the General Data Protection Regulation ("GDPR") and other related legislation which relates to the use of personal data.
We collect information about you when you use our website/app, including your name, email address, and any other information you choose to provide. Additionally, we automatically collect certain information from your device such as IP address, browser type, and usage data.
Use of Information
The information we collect is used to provide, maintain, and improve our services, to communicate with you, to monitor the usage of our service, and to detect, prevent and address technical issues.
We do not sell, trade, or rent your personal identification information to others. We may share generic aggregated demographic information not linked to any personal identification information regarding visitors and users with our business partners, trusted affiliates and advertisers for the purposes outlined above.
We are committed to ensuring that your information is secure. In order to prevent unauthorized access or disclosure, we have put in place suitable physical, electronic and managerial procedures to safeguard and secure the information we collect online.
Third Party links
This website may include links to third-party websites. Clicking on those links may allow third parties to collect or share data about you. We do not control these third-party websites and are not responsible for their privacy policies. You should read any policies and other statements on such websites carefully.
Data We Collect About You
Personal data means any information about an individual from which that person can be identified. It does not include data which has been anonymised such that a person’s identity is removed.
The following information explains the types of personal data which we collect, use, store, and transfer. We will only use your personal data as the law allows us to. The categories of personal data which we use include:
- Identity and Contact Data: such as name and email address.
- Technical Data: about your internet connection, including internet protocol (IP) address, your login data, browser type and version, browser plug-in types and versions, access times, operating system and platform, and other technology on the devices you use to access this website. This may also include information about how you use our website.
- Marketing and Communications Data: which includes preferences in receiving marketing from us and your communication preferences.
How We Will Use Your Data
The information below explains the purposes for which we use different categories of personal data and the legal basis for these uses, particularly when you use the website check-iq.org. We may process your personal data for more than one lawful basis depending on the purpose for which we are using your data.
- We may process your personal data for our legitimate business purposes (or those of our group companies), such as:
- to deliver our products and services;
- to administer this website including troubleshooting, data analysis, testing, system maintenance and support, ensuring proper functioning and security of our website;
- to provide you with marketing communications such as our newsletter if you have shown an interest;
- to ensure our third-party providers can perform their obligations to us;
- to gather your feedback on our products and services.
- In addition, we may disclose information about you as required by law or for legal proceedings.
How is Your Personal Data Collected?
Most of the personal data we hold is collected directly from you or when you interact with us, for example, through our website or by email.
If You Fail to Provide Personal Data
If you fail to provide necessary personal data, we may not be able to fulfill our contractual obligations or properly address your requests.
Marketing and Promotions
From time to time, we may use your data to contact you with information about our products and services. You can ask us to stop sending you marketing messages at any time.
Change of Purpose
We will only use your personal data for the purposes for which we collected it, unless we need to use it for another compatible reason.
Google Analytics tracks and reports website traffic. For more information on Google's privacy practices, visit Google Privacy Terms. For information on safeguarding your data with Google, visit Google's Policy for Safeguarding Data.
We have implemented appropriate security measures to prevent accidental loss, unauthorized use, alteration, or disclosure of your personal data. Access to your personal data is limited to those with a business need, and they process your data only on our instructions under a duty of confidentiality.
We have procedures for dealing with suspected personal data breaches and will notify you and any applicable regulator of a breach as legally required.
We retain your personal data only as long as necessary for the purposes we collected it for, including legal, accounting, or reporting requirements. We consider various factors to determine the appropriate retention period and may anonymize personal data for research or statistics indefinitely without further notice to you.
Your Legal Rights
- Request access to your personal data (a “subject access request”).
- Request correction of your personal data.
- Request erasure of your personal data.
- Object to processing of your personal data.
- Request restriction of processing of your personal data.
- Request a data transfer in a structured, machine-readable format.
- Withdraw consent at any time for data processing based on consent.
Choices About How We Use Your Personal Information
- Tracking Technologies and Advertising: You can set your browser to refuse or alert you about cookies. Disabling cookies may affect the website's functionality.
- Promotional Offers from the Company: Opt-out of our promotional offers by emailing [email protected]. This does not apply to information provided for transactions.
- We do not control third parties' collection or use of your information for interest-based advertising. You can opt out of targeted ads from NAI members on the NAI's website.
Accessing and Correcting Your Personal Information
You can review and change your personal information by notifying us at [email protected]. To request access to, correct, or delete your personal information, please email us at [email protected]. We may not accommodate a request to change information if it would violate any law or make the information incorrect.
If you are an EU resident, you have the right to access, correct, update, or delete your personal information. For this, contact us at the information provided below. You are also entitled to see information provided by third parties for our fraud detection and risk assessment efforts under specific conditions.
Your California Privacy Rights
Under the California Consumer Privacy Act of 2018 (“CCPA”), California residents have rights regarding our collection, use, and sharing of their personal information. We do not sell your personal information and will not do so without providing notice and an opportunity to opt-out. We also do not offer financial incentives associated with our collection, use, or disclosure of your personal information.
We may amend Terms at any time by posting the amended terms on this site. It is your responsibility to review these Terms periodically.